Monday 8 March 2010

Week one day one: Running

One of the other things you need to know about me is that my joints are rubbish - they hyperextend and dislocate if their my knees and are generally not very well constructed. I also have very flat feet. This combination has led to me running looking like Jack Sparrow on a really really special day - it's not very efficient and a bit hurty. But with the cycling and swimming and wearing insoles in my shoes on a regular basis I've been convincing my legs to go in a sensible plane - the forward and back one! So I thought lets give it a little go. I've a new training book, which has a running program for people who have never run, well that's me. So up I got this morning and did
Run 1 min
Walk 3 mins
x4
(I told you this was a beginners program)
It was fine, got home did my morning 'make me big and strong' sets:
15 tricep dips
15 crunches
10 leg raises
10 girly press ups
5 real press ups (hoping to slowly replace each girly with a real as the weeks go by)

Hmmm, after all that I still have another 45 mins before I need to leave the house.
Time for a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment