Saturday 20 March 2010

ups and downs and new shoes

last proto-run of week 1 (2nd) today - the last day is a 25min brisk walk. I tried out my new shoes - it went well, definitely less shin pain (though at this stage it is difficult to tell whether that is due to the shoes or to my legs getting used to running).
I rearranged the last walk stage so that I ran for the last two minutes - since next week I'm supposed to be running two minutes and walking three so I wanted to have a go to see that I could do it. I can, though it was a little hard towards the end.
Buoyed by this I thought I'd give my new exercises a go with the morning sets - this was not so good - I tried some bicep curls and some tricep lifts (which are apparently also known as skull crushers).
The bicep lifts were tricky - I need to get some better instructions on how to do them, I seemed to spend a lot of it with my wrist just sort of wobbling about.
The tricep lifts were not too bad - I used my 1.25 barbell in two hands, which was probably a little light, I've got a heavier weight though I might use without the bar. I tried the 1.25 in one hand and nearly brained myself.
Feeling a bit down now as I have to go and get more instructions regarding my failure to lift teeny tiny weights - which is embarrassing.
Sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment