Friday 26 March 2010

Ooohh presents

I got a big box today - it had protein shake in it - a training gift from afar, and a bottle to make it in, with a dinky little wire ball to shake it with.
I was going to do some weights this evening so I thought I'd try some out, there was no milk in the house so it was water with the vanilla flavour - it's not horrible, but not actually nice either, maybe milk is better (I like the stawberry one I had anyway).
So weights - three sets of the dozens done. I'm going to go for four sets next week and then think about upping the weight. All in all very much like last time, but completed all three sets of weighted lunges, which I was very pleased with - it means my core and my legs are getting stronger, which is what I need to hold my bodge-job of a pair of knees together. Also I realised that when I had been putting my leg up on the bed to do my latius-dorsi exercise I hadn't paid any attention to careful placement of my leg and weight to protect my knee, so it must be feeling stronger.

Today also included a 40 minute cycle ride, so I think I've done ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment