Wednesday 17 March 2010

Made of win

Ok, maybe not in a big scale sense, but in terms of just little me I was pretty made of win tonight.
It was all about the PMA tonight in boxing, I really want to work hard in the next couple of months (though the club has just broken up for easter) and started as I mean to go on. I felt worked but good at the end of the warm-up (and my buddy was hanging in there too) and really pushed myself for the technique session. I got complaints from my pad partner for being too intense (I was egging myself on quite a lot, I think I had my war face on) but it was good and pushed it really hard (there was grunting :s) during the fitness/strength bit at the end.

But it was worth it to have my coach come up to me and tell me I'd come on loads since I started. That felt so good - I didn't know what to say. Lawrence has supported me so much since I started, especially when I had trouble getting a training partner (being tiny, they were scared of breaking me), the head coach Avoen (pronounced Avon) has also been awesome, picking me up (mentally) and dusting me off when I got floored with a gut punch. I'm properly aching now - but I was good and had my protein shake when I got in, followed by a cup of tea and my housemate has made cawl enough to share - so life is good.

Watched a little more Eddie Izzard running tonight too - and right now feel like I could take on the world.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment