Friday 26 March 2010

Surf-fitness

Attended my surf fitness class - it was hard. I'm still working on getting my confidence up underwater, but that's not really a fitness thing, that's a 'in my head' thing.
I'd like to get my swimming speed up a bit I think - I can't work out how people manange the warm up laps so fast (on thinking I think it's because they don't take a breather). 
I did have some thoughts last night about the different trainer styles that suit me. I think my swimming teacher is a bit too chilled - I like a bit more feedback/being pushed but in a constructive way rather than what currently happens which is being asked to do things I don't know how to do (mainly at the moment it's doing forward/backward rolls in water - I simply carry on treading water). I did have a chat with the trainer after class (this was hard as I stopped and he gave an impression of 'what do you want', yes I know I'm the weakest in the class, but I pay for it just like everyone else!), I do sympathise with his attempts to push the more able parts of the class without killing me. My suggestion would be a less team game orientated session, but this would possibly be boring for the younger members of the class. Hmmm.
I'm thinking of trying the weights again this afternoon, depending on how the rest of the day works out (I'm waiting for a postman)

No comments:

Post a Comment