Monday 28 June 2010

Hardly a 4 minute mile

More like a 17 minute mile (or 2k in about 20 mins). But I'm not disheartened - I now have a distance and a time to play with (at the last run I only had a distance).
After that I completed what would have been my morning sets, but since I am now getting up at 0530 to get to work, the morning sets are going to have to move.
Feeling fairly good this evening actually - like there's been progress. Given my injury record of late a 2k run (even if it was slow) is something I'm pleased with. Am playing with the intensity of the run - am going to try a slightly lower intensity over greater distance, then work on the speed, I feel this might be a) better psychologically and b) a bit easier on my joints.
Though on another positive note, I think the current fitness regime (which started a few months before this blog) is currently the longest solo fitness attempt I've made. There have been breaks, but I've kept coming back. Which shows promise.
I think I deserve some dinner now.

No comments:

Post a Comment