Saturday 23 October 2010

Still training (ish)

Another of my now infrequent posts.
I am still training, and still finding it really hard to combine training and work/commuting. Mainly commuting.

Last Friday saw my return to the ring. Well return to boxing training after the clubs summer holiday. They train on a friday evening at a time suitable for me to attend after work. This is all kinds of awesome. I am now apparently an intermediate boxer! I am mainly still a curiosity to the entire club and the only girl to attend fridays for now two weeks in a row. This is ok though and training makes me happy. I got to spar last week too, which was good, even if I wasn't very.

I am still turning up to jitsu, and still a better boxer than jitsuka (this does not make me a good boxer!). But I am getting over my fear of being thrown, slowly. I went to a Bo seminar last week - which was interesting, though a little more stylised than the stick work I'm used to. It was nice to be good at something in Jitsu for a change.

I also went for a short run today. Shorter than I wanted, but when running I tend to think of it as a success if I get out and run at all, and not worry about the rest. Training alone is hard, so I give myself props for doing it at all.

3 comments:

  1. That sound good. Are you keeping up any study of pugilism as well as modern boxing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try, though it tends to end up me just reading things when I'm tucked up in bed or something. I'm very bad at training from manuals, and I usually don't feel I'm really experienced enough to be striking out on my own just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By chance I rediscovered this page and wondered how tihngs were going after so long.

    ReplyDelete