Monday 2 August 2010

So how's training going generally?

Well - when I'm not agreeing to do stupid things like four peaks in a day...quite well I'd say.
Have managed to stay injury free (touch wood) for a little while now and am up to running about 1.5 miles in the mornings (yes, this means getting up at 0515, but am getting the hang of that now), before doing my morning sets. Yesterday (sunday) I ran my first 'mile in one go' as I usually go somewhere, then stop and have a stretch and then run back. So having managed one mile without stopping I'm now adding little bits to my there and back again run until it's two miles in the morning - at that point I might have to start running in the evenings as that's as early as I'm getting up!
The sets are going well - I've added in some kicks to boost the cardio aspect and have levelled up on my weights - now curling 5kg on the bicep (no change) and 11kg on the tricep (change). This feels good, and means I don't have to swap the weights around which saves me some time in the mornings too.
Even managed to get some pad work in on Sunday - which was nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment